If you’re going to have a morning treat, why not take the opportunity to introduce a new superfood to your diet? Getting the whole family to eat their 5-a-day can be incredibly challenging. often the key is to present it in a form they’re already familiar with and will likely appeal. A blueberry muffin is a great way to add a nutrient-dense food to your families meal plan and encourage younger family members to start eating a food that has been shown to have health benefits including anti-aging and reduced risk of cancer?
This blueberry muffin recipe is really simple and REALLY tasty. The below quantities will make 12 muffins.
Blueberry Muffin – Ingredients
- 6 Medium Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Cup of oil
- 2 3/4 Tablespoons of Baking Powder
- 1 3/4 Cups of Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups of Milk
- 4 Cups of Flour
- 2 Cups of Blueberries
- Add the eggs, salt and oil to a bowl of mixer and mix slowly until completely blended.
- Add the sugar and baking powder and mix again slowly.
- Gradually add the milk and flour whilst mixing.
- Scrape all ingredients from edge of bowl into mixture and continue to mix until smooth.
- Remove bowl from mixer and add blueberries to mixture. Mix blueberries into the mixture by hand.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into 12 muffin cases on a baking tray.
- Put tray into oven pre-heated to 350 degrees fahrenheit and leave to bake for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
Feel free to add cream or blueberries to your blueberry muffin for presentation and serve! We hope you enjoy this simple, tasty blueberry muffin recipe.