The Christmas pudding is about as traditional a Christmas treat as you will find. An incredibly rich, tasty dessert that is enjoyed with custard, brandy sauce or ice cream. As the temperatures drop outside, Christmas pudding is a great choice to warm you up.
- 1lb Raisins
- 1lb Currants
- 1lb Sultanas
- 1lb Chopped Apples
- 1lb Brazil Nut Kernels
- 1/2lb Moist Sugar
- 1/2lb Wholemeal Breadcrumbs
- 1/2lb Wheatmeal
- 1/2lb Sweet Almonds
- 1/2lb Butter
- 1/4lb Mixed Peel
- 1/2oz Mixed Spice
- 6 Eggs
- 100ml Milk
- Boil a large pan of water and butter a pudding basin.
- Wash and stone the currants, raisins and sultanas
- Finely chop the brazil nuts
- Blanch and finely chop the almonds
- Cut up the mixed peel into small pieces.
- Rub the butter together in a bowl with the breadcrumbs and wheatmeal.
- Add the currants, raisins, sultanas, brazil nuts, almonds and mixed peel and mix it all thoroughly.
- Beat the eggs in a seperate bowl until completely mixed, then add to the bowl containing the dry ingredients.
- Add the milk to the mixture and stir in
- Add the mixture to a pre-buttered pudding basin, leaving about an inch of space at the top.
- Cover the pudding basin with a cloth or tin foil and gently place the basin into the boiling water with the opening facing upwards.
- Boil for 4 hours.